M20R Ovation 3 2.0.7 OPTIONAL Update

Coop1019Coop1019 Posts: 474Executive
edited February 12 in M20R Ovation II & III
Custom Engine Gauges for the Ovation 3!

This is an update that is not currently bundled in the download from the store. It is a patch that can be applied by downloading the file from here:

afmsimulation.kuatdrive.com/patches/m20r/RB207O3.zip

Changelog:
  • Custom G1000 Boot screens and logic
  • Custom G1000 Engine Overlays to match the real aircraft! (The Engine page and checklists will be coming soon!)
  • VR Clickspot for Ignition key fixed.
To Install:
  • Download the file above
  • Add both of those folders to the "X-Plane 11/Aircraft/AFM" directory, overwrite all files when asked
  • Load the Ovation 3! Re-activation should NOT be needed
There is a lot more to come! This is just a small little update, much more to come soon!

Thank you,
Cooper LeComp
CEO & Founder, AFM Simulation
cooper@afmsimulation.com

Comments

• mike16mike16 Posts: 27Level 2
    @Coop1019,

I've implemented the update to Ovation 3.....installation went great.  However, I was having some problems with the G1000 GPS locking on to altitude as well as course?  Not sure what was happening...seemed like buttons did not activate correctly .

However, The Ovation 2 is working GREAT with no issues with Navigation.

This is one of my favorite aircraft to fly in XPLANE11....can't wait to see the released product!

Keep up the great work.

Thanks,

Mike16
    Coop1019
  • Coop1019Coop1019 Posts: 474Executive
    @mike16

I am not quite sure what you are referring to in regards to locking onto altitude/course. Mind sharing a screenshot/video of what you are experiencing?

Thank you,
    Cooper LeComp
    cooper@afmsimulation.com

• mike16mike16 Posts: 27Level 2
    edited February 14
    @Coop1019,

1) Regarding the G1000 & Ovation 3 and locking altitude/course....I did not turn on the AP switch!  Now everything Works great!
    2) Also, notice that the throttle (manifold pressure) at cruise must be reduced to ~ 20.0 inchs @ 2400 RPM....see photos...speed at 183 knots in yellow!    Looks like you need to tune the CRUISE-throttle settings. 

3) The ovation is my favorite GA simulation aircraft in XPLANE11 and its the most fun to fly !!!!    

4)  Next hardware mode to include VR.

Mike

Coop1019
  • Coop1019Coop1019 Posts: 474Executive
    @mike16 Glad you got that worked out! Will be working on fixing the engine and autopilot oscillations at high speed.

Thank you,
    Cooper LeComp
    cooper@afmsimulation.com