Learjet Survey

Coop1019Coop1019 Posts: 474Executive
With us wrapping up the development of the M20R, we are soon going to have members of our team begin producing our next aircraft. While the H800XP is in the pipeline, its complexity is tremendous and will be one of the next planes to follow. We are highly considering creating a Learjet 35/36 and would like your opinion on the model we create.

Wikipedia has an excellent article on the Learjet 35 Series where you can get acquainted with the general aircraft. 

The Learjet 35 Series has multiple models:
  • Learjet 35 - Standard Model
  • Learjet 35A - Learjet 35 with TFE731-2-2B Upgraded Engine and increased range and payload.
  • Learjet 36 - 500 mile longer range than Learjet 35 due to increased fuel tanks, but the cabin is 18" smaller.
  • Learjet 36A - Learjet 36 with Learjet 35A improvements
  • C-21A - Military variant of Learjet 35A
We are deciding which model(s) to produce and which people prefer.

We are currently thinking of creating the Learjet 35A/36A and are very much on the fence of making the C-21A.

These aircraft would most likely be with default GNSs or default FMC options and optional RXP 750/650/530/430s. Once we have a Honeywell FMS System created, we may integrate it as well later.

Please fill out your preferred features and give us feedback by filling out the survey here.

Thank you,
Cooper LeComp
CEO & Founder, AFM Simulation
cooper@afmsimulation.com

Comments

• Jaggo82Jaggo82 Posts: 47Testing Team
    edited June 2017
    Hi there, 

This is certainly the best choice that has been ever made, to develop an aircraft for X-Plane 11. I am already very excited and wish the project to evolve to a masterpiece.

I am working at ETNH (Hohn Airbase Germany) as an ATCO and in contact with this particular aircraft type every day. www.gfd.de 

Survey is done on my side. Vote for the 35A and 36A with RXP options.

Cheers 

Jakob 
    Coop1019
  • Coop1019Coop1019 Posts: 474Executive
    @Jaggo82

Thanks for filling out the survey! Since you see these aircraft all the time, would you be able to get pictures of parts of the plane if needed? PM me :)

Thank you,
    Cooper LeComp
    cooper@afmsimulation.com

• systosysto Posts: 17Testing Team
    edited June 2017
    So I just completed the survey, Guess what I have sitting on my desk by chance :smiley:

@Coop1019

Well as I am sitting nice and dry in my control tower, I only see them from distance taxiing and flying by. As the company operating them mainly for military tasks and training purposes, their hangars are kept quiet secure. Will be difficult to get access for close up pictures.

Their fleet is also highly modified for their main tasks. The have enlarged tip tanks, rebuild windshield for higher speeds at low altitudes and are able to attach special equipment at the underside of the wings (pods and darts). They also have a special outside LED lighting system for air-to-air manoeuvers.

Their cockpit is pretty old fashioned despite.

Coop1019
    edited June 2017
    This is the normal viewpoint ;-)

Coop1019Attgui
  • Coop1019Coop1019 Posts: 474Executive
    @Jaggo82 Ah, I see. Pretty sweet none the less: those are some cool Learjets!

Thank you,
    Cooper LeComp
    cooper@afmsimulation.com

• Garyfly82Garyfly82 Posts: 60Moderator
    This will be a great addition to X-Plane 11.,,,
    Coop1019